So, my Mac is dead,or, in a state of a deep sleep. It’s been acting up for some time now and for you guys not from the ‘hood, I meant to say that that my computer has been on the fritz for a while. Now my only connection to the World Wide Web is my office computer. I just got the job so of course I can’t be on the web for personal every five seconds. That is not to say that I would be on the computer that much if I had been working there for a long time either, but I digress.
Gone are the days of listening to lectures and watching music videos on youtube or listening to my favorite NPR shows, for a while. Where else can I read, or at least browse, practically all the major newspapers and new sites in one sitting. I cannot write on here too much either and so my personal journal and gratitude journal are filled with my deep, penetrating ideas and thoughts.
So, below you will find a couple of random thoughts that have been going on in my brain or at least reflect (hopefully) what’s been going on in my life lately:
- New York City—wow, I forgot about the way people push and shove in the city. I’ve been away too long and I am still at that moment where I am surprised by the first shove or push in the mornings, on my way to work.
- Work—I am so thankful for this job. I am working in what I wanted to do, working on the issue of poverty and hunger. For a minute after getting the job, I walked around not sure how to embrace this blessing. I prayed and asked for something and got the exact thing I wanted. I was in awe of that grace for a minute. Not to say that this hasn’t happened before, but for some reason this time seemed a lot more powerful.
- Family—I am grateful each moment for how far we have come. I am making pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving.
- My Health—Working on it. Gotten bigger and possible gained all the weight that I lost three years ago but I am really, really coming from the internal, external mode—learning to love myself and genuinely, not because it sounds good but because I am worth it… and that also means knowing that I deserve a better lifestyle.
- My stuff—Oh, how I miss my stuff that’s still in storage in Maryland. I think it is just sinking in that I am going to be here for a while. I am at my parents’ house and so my stuff cannot possible fit. I miss my books and music though.
- Music—What the heck is going on? I misplaced my ipod or my nephew placed it somewhere where he forgot where it is. And my computer is out. So ALL my music is not accessible right now. It’s funny, yesterday I had an ongoing play list in my head of songs, one after the other.
- My teeth—I know, totally random, but I am so in need a dentist at the moment and my dental plan doesn’t kick in until early next year.
- Dating— Um, yeah, about that ________________________. J
- Finally, but not really– I am really excited about this new chapter in my life. Hope that I have learned my lessons from the past. I want to be better to me and put myself first. Be a better me to my friends. I want to live in honesty and truth. And most importantly, be as religious in my consciousness and desire for spiritual truth as I was when time were a lot more uncertain in my life.